Alas once again my blog post for the week is saved as a word 2010 file. It was a poem I wrote about the early morning mist here at the monastery. The monastery was shrouded in mist and I was walking through the cloistered flower garden at 5:30 in the morning.
As an update though I have been working for about 3-4 hours a day now (2 hours in the morning to in the afternoon) in the monastery gardens. Frère Blaise has been teaching me a lot about gardening and growing various crops here. I is great to do this type of work to balance out all the time I spend thinking as i prepare for class along with all the writing I've been doing. Everyone once in a while if we get a lot of work done with will sit and rest in the garden and eat bananas and oranges and the shade. Because they are from the garden we are working in they always seem particularly delicious. This is also a great timefor me to practice my French. Thats all I got for the week!
Happy Halloween!!
something sounds really satisfying about morning mist, working in the garden, and eating locally grown bananas. that last, in particular, is kind of incredible to my northeast-meets-southwest-of-america ears. I'd like to have a local banana sometime. - emma
ReplyDelete