Friday, October 8, 2010
The monastery courtyard
I look in at the tall, narrow trees-strange Suessian creations-from an open and unconstructed space of the monasteries second level. Outside the monastery walls I can see distant fields of corn, radish, and rice and finally the green jagged mountains-hazy in the early morning light. They seem to be steaming. There is a metal wire stretched across between two red, steel beams for hanging clothes to dry. It is wet season and there are times when I sit here in this elevates space, when the alumininum roof that shelters the area is battered with rain and I become enclosed by walls of water streaming of the edges of the roof and falling into dark red puddles of sand and clay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks you for the image. I'm writing you an e-mail.
ReplyDeletei feel like this elevated space would be my favorite space to patron. it feels both hypnotic and gritty to me.
ReplyDelete